Contact me: jacq (at) benandjacq.com
Nonprofit Service Delivery Coordinator
Strategic leader with a client relationship management and resource coordination background; provides 10+ years of experience in leading customer service towards exceptional results. Skilled in developing teams and leading groups with a strong attention to detail. Delivers strong business and marketing expertise supplemented by a B.S. in Business/Marketing.
Positive attitude in the face of frustrated customers, turning them into brand advocates.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Academic focus on Marketing/Management
- Extracurricular activities included founding of Campus Crusade for Christ on our campus.
Customer Service Representative—YMCA of the Triangle
Lead Welcome Center Coordinator—Northwest Cary YMCA
Lead Welcome Center Coordinator—Taylor YMCA
Welcome Center Coordinator—Taylor YMCA
Pool Desk Attendant—Taylor YMCA
YMCA of the Triangle (2011–2020)
Promoted to positions of increasing responsibility over the course of several years at the YMCA. At the local branch, was promoted to Lead Welcome Center Coordinator, training and overseeing up to 14+ staff members at a time. Manage all of the Welcome Center and Access desk staff and functions. Supervise a safe environment for all members, program participants, volunteers and staff. Demonstrate good communication and problem-solving skills along with a good understanding of the operation of the YMCA.
At the corporate office as a Customer Service Representative, was tasked with distribution of financial aid, data entry, and training of staff from all over the region on the database software. Given authority to decide who received limited funds available for financial assistance.
- Hired and trained 2 full-time staff and 12 part-time staff in preparation for the grand opening.
- Organized classroom-style training so staff would be proficient in the membership database before opening; independently worked on administrative tasks to ensure training was fully attended.
- Continued to train staff in the database as new improvements were made.
- Helped other departments when needed to prepare for grand opening.
- Assisted in training other staff on how to give cause-driven tours and cause driven service.
BenandJacq Inc / WP Steward (2013–present)
Starting with small one-off web design projects, the business continues to morph into tangentially related WordPress-related products and services.
- Set key performance indicators.
- Created budget projections.
- Networked through social media platforms.
- Collaborated on the vision and direction of the company.
Campus Crusade for Christ (2006-2010)
- Raised over $200,000 to cover salary, benefits, and ministry expenses from individuals and churches (using a 30-minute interactive sales presentation with a referral ask, a financial ask, and followup)
- Recruited female students to become involved in campus ministry, facilitating spiritual growth.
- Lead Bible studies and focused small groups composed of diverse students, encouraging discussion, growth, and life-skill development.
- Drove event management (recruitment, logistics, budgeting, and operations) at conferences and events throughout the year. Conferences as large as 1800 students from schools in 5 states.
- Trained and managed student leaders and volunteers in effective social interaction, spiritual disciplines, time management, conflict resolution, delegation, critical thinking, and many other life skills
- Experienced international culture (in both Europe and Asia), leading teams of students.