We are out of the hospital, and have a date for surgery. September 24th.
Dr. David was very helpful, and answered all of our questions.
The surgery is a newer, less invasive surgery where they will reopen the suture and put some springs in there to hold it open. That will allow the head to grow and to form correctly. Then, four months or so later they will go back in and take out the springs.
The surgery generally means an overnight stay, and home the next day.
We had a much less emotionally taxing time than we thought we would, as it just pretty much was talking through two different surgical options and making the decision.
Other interesting things we learned:
- you have to pay to park at the hospital, which feels conspicuously like double-dipping, since (to say the least) we are already paying these people.
- if we were to give blood to be used for little Benjamin (in case of emergency), and then ended up not using it, they would charge us $250. I asked if I slit my wrist in the office it would also cost me 250 bucks. It’s my blood.