Prayer request

Blue Cross is currently denying the spring surgery, stating that it is too new or “experimental.” Please pray that they would reverse that decision. I have been on the phone with them for the past few minutes, in search of some answers.

If they refuse to cover the spring surgery, we will go ahead with the other, older surgery that is more invasive, more time consuming, and more expensive. The other surgery is called the “180 Switch” and involves removing the back of his skull and rotating it 180 degrees, and putting it back on.  As I said, it is a much more invasive surgery, will require a longer stay in the hospital, and a possible blood transfusion.

We are hoping to do the spring surgery, and will find out tomorrow when we show up what they are doing.  Surgery starts at 8:30 AM.

Pray specifically that the BCBS physician would call back our surgeon, and reverse the decision. Thanks. I’ll keep you posted.